Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78823 by Gary24752
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 pm
I have loaded 21 on my laptop and I when I click on the icon I get an error message telling me this is a license problem or a corrupt file. I tried to fix it with a repair option and it is still giving me that message. How do fix this?
#78824 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:12 pm
Error: This license file is either invalid or has become corrupted!

Hello Gary,

We've recently identified a failure mode that occurs when you deactivate an installation via the license server while the associated instance of DataCAD is still running. In other words, if you don't exit out of DataCAD at the office, then go home and deactivate your office installation via the license server in order to run DataCAD at home, when you return to the office, exit out of, then restart DataCAD, you'll get an invalid license error.

You should be able to get past the error by trying to run DataCAD again to get the activation dialog. This bug has been present since the initial release of DataCAD 21, but has only been reported recently, coincident with the 21.03.08 update.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We plan to have this corrected for the next update.

MFM