Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78889 by thelogco
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:04 am

Upgraded to 21 and there appears to be a keystroke change or two that my workflow triggers. I have figured them all out and have been retraining myself but one that still has me stumped is turning off the Drawmarks (F10 settings) / (S1 DrwMarks). It's a slight nuisance but I'm assuming if there is a keystroke I'm hitting that turns this off, there must be a key-stroke to turn it back on. Does anyone know a shortcut other then F10/S1?

Thanks
#79451 by thelogco
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:03 pm
8 months and not a single reply. Is this only happening to me?

There must be a key stroke or shortcut that is turning this off.

It's so frustrating to have to go back and turn this one fifty or sixty times a day!
#79453 by dhs
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:16 pm
I'm probably the least qualified person to answer this as I rarely use DataCAD to do actual drawing, but as nobody else has responded I'll offer my couple of cents worth :

I have never experienced this problem and judging by the lack of responses I'm guessing that it is not a common problem. ... Is it possible that a keyboard shortcut you have previously customised is causing the problem? Perhaps you could look through the DACDWIN.mcr file to search for something that might be doing it: A shortcut that would simply toggle draw marks would be ':^F0^S1', so perhaps look through the file for 'S1' and examine any shortcuts where that occurs so see if the settings menu may be active when the S1 key is activated.

On the subject of shortcuts you could of course set up a shortcut to toggle the setting to save you having to press F10/S1. Not really a solution to your problem, and only possible if you have an existing shortcut letter that you are not using (and don't mind changing).

It is also possible that you use a custom toolbar icon that is changing the draw marks setting. I see that there are action codes for the equivalent 3D setting but I can't see any codes for this 2D setting so it seems less likely that an icon is doing it (but nonetheless you could search for 'S1' in any customised dtb files and examine any icons that use that key in a similar way to in the mcr file).
#79455 by dmartens
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:38 pm
I guess Datacad forgot they have an 'unanswered posts' topic?! :) Or maybe no one knows the answer. The forum is not like it used to be. Good luck.
#81050 by thelogco
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:30 pm
Just logging on to see if there was an update on this.
I just tried to add "DRAW MARKS=TRUE" to the INI file but this made no difference. Still have the same issue and have not found a solution.
#81051 by joshhuggins
Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:15 pm
I don't use Draw Marks, but I would guess David is right in that there must be a macro or custom shortcut that is triggering it to turn off as I don't think there is a INI setting to turn it off. The only thing I can suggest is since you said it happens so freaquently is to slow down a bit and notice when it stops displaying and see if you can figure out what sequence of tasks/commands/quickkey shortcut/macro triggers it to happen. Since it's something that happens on screen it should be pretty easy to notice when it happens. If you think it might help, you could set up a camera or on-screen recorder to record a work session in case you think you can't catch it yourself quick enough so you can go back and replay when it happens. I use Faststone Capture for simple screen captures. It's shareware that has a free 30 day trial that should give you enought time to hunt it down.

If you find something else out, report back with the new info and maybe we can help get you fixed up.
#81085 by Jeffrey Moore
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 am
This has happened with me since version 20 I believe. I tried to find the culprit without much success. I have now done without drawing marks, but it would be nice to have them back.
#81100 by ORWoody
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm
I'm using Version 22 and drawmarks works exactly as it should.
I go to the utility menu and pick F0. Then, when I pick S1, drawmarks are toggled.
Since that worked, I decided to try to check it by creating a toolbar initiated icon. That worked also.

[DrawMarks]
Hint=Drawmarks
Icon=Exit
A=^:^F0^S1^S0^

Good luck,
#81122 by David Porter
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:26 pm
With all recent versions, I have found DrwMrks to turn off by themselves but at random times. It is always when I open up a drawing and never while I am working on a drawing. I found this happening back when we had our beloved Dave G. still with us and he and I went through some experimenting. He was not able to find the culprit that was turning off that default setting.
#81123 by ORWoody
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:41 pm
Ah. David, I certainly didn't check for that random on/off toggle. I was simply thinking of the simplest way to turn them back on when they were off. That would get frustrating.
p.s. Man. I sure do miss Dave and Evan. Since I was only friends at a distance, the people that were closer to them than I must be made almost ill to think about their loss. For all of you, you have my condolences.