Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78893 by Tim Mohr
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:11 am
For some reason my toolbar settings keep resetting whenever I open a drawing (ie. I close the drawing and when I reopen it the toolbar settings go back to default setting)...I don't recall this ever being the case or else maybe I haven't had enough coffee....?
#78896 by joshhuggins
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:01 pm
Have you changed screen resolutions, remote connected to your computer using a different resolution, or changed your primary monitor just before it happens?
#78898 by Roger D
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:20 pm
For some reason my crossing box is a very large dash. Don't recall this in prior versions. I can not seem to find a setting. Maybe it's a computer reboot thing, have not done that recently.
#79156 by chunter@vineyard.net
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 am
FWIW - I had the same problem and found that somehow the LOCK TOOLBARS box was unchecked - I checked the box and now all is well again
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.28.16 AM.png
make sure Lock toobar button is checked
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 9.28.16 AM.png (62.8 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
#79168 by chunter@vineyard.net
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:41 am
So I thought I solved this problem by locking toolbars - but today - out of the blue it's back - anyone have any ideas for a real fix?

Also - there used to be a little "handle" on the offending toolbars so I could move them back where I wanted them - now the handles have disappeared and I can't relocate any of them - help????
#79169 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:26 pm
This is something that was changed with 22 to help with the new high resolution monitor sizes and scaling options in windows, but it needs a little work still. I have been having the same issue and have reported it to Datacad in the beta testing area. They are looking into options for it I believe. In the meantime, what I have done is I got everything reset to how I like it and then copied the DcadwinToolbars.gui and DcadwinDialogs.gui files to a backup folder. The files should be located in your Datacad\Support Files\ folder by default I believe. Then when it goes wonky, I just shutdown Datacad and copy that file back over and then restart Datacad and it should work fine until the screen resolution or display has a change again. It's not a great workaround but it's quicker than resetting everything for me. If you are familiar with creating BAT files, I created one that I am currently using to start Datacad with and it auto copies over the file when I launch Datacad and when close Datacad. Below is my code but the pathing would be a little different than the default paths.

Code: Select all@ECHO OFF

COPY "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface\Restores\DcadwinToolbars.gui" "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface"
COPY "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface\Restores\DcadwinDialogs.gui" "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface"
START "" "C:\DataCAD 22\DCADWIN.EXE"
REM COPY "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface\Restores\DcadwinToolbars.gui" "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface"
REM COPY "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface\Restores\DcadwinDialogs.gui" "D:\Josh\Downloads\CAD\Datacad\User Interface"
Last edited by joshhuggins on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79182 by chunter@vineyard.net
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:39 am
Josh seems to have devised a doable workaround - except that I can no longer shift things around at all. The little handles that allow you to reposition toolbars have entirely disappeared so they are impossible to relocate. I have also noticed that my object snap settings have changed. I'm attaching pictures of the desktop I have and the desktop I want in the hopes that someone will have a suggestion. I have tried to go back to datacad 17 - but that results in other issues - help?!?!
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.42.51 AM.png
this is what I have now - note each toolbar has no handle
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.44.41 AM.png
#79183 by joshhuggins
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:43 pm
chunter@vineyard.net wrote:Josh seems to have devised a doable workaround - except that I can no longer shift things around at all. The little handles that allow you to reposition toolbars have entirely disappeared so they are impossible to relocate. I have also noticed that my object snap settings have changed. I'm attaching pictures of the desktop I have and the desktop I want in the hopes that someone will have a suggestion. I have tried to go back to datacad 17 - but that results in other issues - help?!?!

Check in the View menu, that Lock Toolbars is UNchecked in order to move the interface around.

Before you make your interface adjustments, launch Datacad using the original shortcut (not the BAT file). Then when done close, Datacad and it should update the .GUI files. Then you can copy those updated .GUI files to your backup folder for use with the BAT file. Then you can launch the BAT file from then on.