Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#78911 by Harmon Ward
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:56 pm
I have a site plan with a .BMP image of the original conditions. I need to draw a few Dimensions and Notes over the .BMP. Nothing seems to work. I tried moving the .BMP behind the other objects. I tried changing the layer order. Every time I try to print it, the .BMP covers up anything in it's space.
#78912 by Mark Bell
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:54 pm
1. In the Print menu, try using WYSIWYG if not already set ,
2. In the Print/Pen Table set the Print order of Bitmaps and Fills to First,
3. In Utility/Display/Layer Order select Last for the active layer,
4. Double check the bitmap is actually on a different layer to the dimensions/text.
5. Tab to the dim/text layer, regen, update the GTV if one is set and try a Quicklayout and print preview.
#78931 by Chris
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:10 pm
I would add to Mark's comment if you are using an aerial for your Site, run the bmp (.jpg) thru Photoshop and tweak the hue down to 50%. This way any notes, leaders etc, read well.
#78933 by Ted B
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:51 am
If you going to output in grayscale, you might want to reduce the hue to 33%, or even 25% to maintain the contrast. Especially if it's going to be reproduced. If you don't need fine detail, consider reducing the pixel density or the "dpi" of the original. There a huge difference between pixels on a monitor needed for clarity, and the dpi in a color or grayscale printout.
#79009 by artmanvt2000
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Here is another technique to try.
1) Put the image on a layer.
2) Put the CADD lines and text on other layer(s).
3) Move the image layer to the top of the layer list in the Layer Manager.
4) Try printing the drawing.

Tip: If you need to "erase" a portion of the image, you can use voids from the Polyline Edit menu.