Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79083 by DBrennfoerder
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm
OK, v21.02.09.00. The compatibility chart shows this is able to save as, export or copy a Sketchup file. Can I not import a .skp file? I thought it was there and told somebody I could work with his .skp file, but I'm not seeing how to import it. It was created online via an ap by a kid, so I'm not sure if he could provide .dxf or something else. How do I work with it?

I found where I'm supposed to be able to insert the .skp file the same as inserting an image, but when I follow the directions, nothing happens. I have a 24 meg .skp file from its creator. Not working yet.
#79084 by joshhuggins
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am
Might double check your Sketchup file version. I think Datacad v18-21 only support up to Sketchup 2015? Datacad v22 added support up to Sketchup 2019. I have not used it in quite a while so would have to wait for a pro to chime in.
#79085 by Paul Nida
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:37 am
I haven't had much luck with any version of Datacad including 22 loading sketchup files or as sketchup xrefs. I usually ask them to save it as an older file version like sketchup 15