Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79266 by John Daglish
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 pm
I have my symbol folder on F:\DATACAD\Symbols\ . Datacad is on C:\ DataCAD 21
When I right click on the symbol to "Open this symbol in Windows browser" it goes to windows 7 User\jd directory which is at F:\Users (this I setup when the computer was built).

My Pathnames for Classic Templates, Classic Symbols, Symbol Base Path are set for F:\DATACAD\Symbols\

Any ideas please?
#79267 by Mark Bell
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:18 pm
Pick Identify then select the symbol in a drawing and check the readout at the bottom of the screen to which path it is showing, as this is where that particular symbol has been saved to.
If you want all your symbols on the F:\ drive location you'll need to copy the Symbol folder on C:\DataCAD etc. across then remember to change their paths in the symbol browser to point to the F:\drive location instead of the default C:\drive. You can change the paths in the Tools/Config/pathnames tab.
#79289 by John Daglish
Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 am
Thanks for the info but this is not my problem.

When you click on the symbol folder in DCAD, see photo below, a message says "Open this symbol's folder in Windows Explorer" it then goes to F:\ User\jd folder (altered from the normal Windows 7 OS place at C:\).

It should open the folder were the symbol is located eg. F:\DATACAD\Symbols\L4 ACCESS, BARRIER & CIRCULATION\L41 DOORS, WINDOWS, ETC (ACCESS PRODUCTS)\L413 Windows were the Simplist90sill.dsf symbol is located.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0001b.jpg