Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79291 by Lars
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:27 pm
How can I switch color maps? I need to transfer to a different file format and the color map is set to default. How do I change it to another map that I already have on file?
#79292 by Roger D
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:23 pm
Tools/ Color Palette and pick your new one from the drop down next to the "Save As" button to start using the selected palette.
#79293 by Lars
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:26 pm
ive matched file destinations of the default.tbl but dcad still will not recognize the file or allow me to change from the default.tbl. Why is this not an option? Should i just rename the file .tbl i want as "defalt" and overwrite the original? Seems like the only option at this point and its disappointing that things like this arent an easy switch with a button on one of the window dialogues?

Add some intuitive interface options please.
#79296 by Lars
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 pm
So this really should be made more clear somehow. You CANNOT switch the color map (.tbl) file. You CAN switch the color pallete (.rgb) file as described above, and by association the color map will change to the .tbl file of the same name as the .rgb file.

4 hours of digging, placing and moving files, and it was actually under a different menu than it should be.

be sure you have the .rgb file, the .tbl file AND the .dpf file in the correct places or nothing will work properly and you'll wind up spinning in circles for hours on end.

I think this is right... at least its working now.

samename.rgb = "Color Pallettes" folder
samename.tbl = "Support" folder
samename.dpf = Pen Tables folder