Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79426 by hglymph
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:22 am
I have a small commercial drawing comprised of a few different layers, most notably and Exterior Wall layer, and an Interior Wall layer. I am new to 3D and the Rendering function, but I seem to be navigating through it ok. My issue is when I add doors they cut out the wall section above the door, and also I can add doors and windows to the 8" exterior wall, but I am not able to put an aligning cutout on the interior wall behind it to complete the opening. Any ideas of where I am going wrong? Thank you.
#79428 by MtnArch
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:58 am
It sounds like you are drawing in "2.5 D". You are probably creating walls by giving them a "Z" height but when you insert doors and windows it does not fill in the walls above or below. I think you'll need to use Smart entities instead.
#79452 by hglymph
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:24 pm
Thank you. I didn't have the 3D button selected. Also found a workaround by drawing in wall sections above openings which may be what needs to be done for openings anyway. Thank you again.