Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#79634 by Lars
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:34 pm
Why is this always a problem for me? When I tell datacad to move a fill to the back it should do it without a problem. I cant keep track of the intricate layers upon layers of program settings that have to be perfectly aligned to get things to show up properly. Why wont my spb fill move behind the linework? 3 years now on datacad and im still struggling.... Please help?
#79635 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:27 pm
Is this occurring in the drawing or when printing? If it's in the drawing, DataCAD draws the active layer last by default, so if the fill is on the active layer, it will be drawn last when you refresh. The option in the Pen Table to print Bitmaps and Fills first should take care of printing.

The order of entities in the database is on a per layer basis. Entity A on Layer 2 comes after Entity B on Layer 1. When you move an entity 'To Back' it is to the back of the layer the entity is associated with. So, if the fill is on Layer 2, you can't move it behind Entity B on Layer 1.

If you want the drawing to refresh in the order of Layers / Entities then go to Utility, Display, Layer Order, and toggle on In Order instead of Last.
#79636 by Lars
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Ok, so i've gone through and changed a bunch of settings and it seems to be working now. (not sure which one it was) so many days of frustration. haha!

I do line work and patterns on separate layers with the linework layers being placed below the pattern layer in the list order. Typically thats worked but something changed and it wasnt on this new drawing.

Thanks for helping!