Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80010 by tfarley
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:48 pm
My Datacad is creating "support files" folders for no apparent reason. It seems that when I go to one of my project folders, a "support files" folder appears. It isn't always creating folders, it appears random. No one else in my company is having this problem. I have tried looking into the .ini file and the path setting in properties. I can't find a setting that seems to offer a fix. Hopefully one of you can answer this problem.

Thank you.
#80016 by joshhuggins
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:11 pm
It's usually caused when a PATH listed in the Pathnames tab in the Program Preferences does not exist on the system. It's kind of a pain, but verify if each path exists or does not have a typo in the path. Usually the empty folders that are created are related to the path that has the issue. Also look for things like different version numbers ex: DATACAD 22 vs DATACAD 21.