Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80423 by Ted B.
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:22 pm
I had to replace my primary CAD PC a few months ago due to a catastrophic failure, so my Datacad 21 installation is new. I use Dir-Distance and Relative Polar coordinates mostly. I'm laying out a new site plan traced over an aerial photo so I'm constantly using Grid-Angle-Match to align with existing features. I can't get Datacad to make construction points <~> "tilde" using Dir-Distance with Ortho <O> on to indicate the Relative direction.....works fine in Rel. Polar. It also doesn't show a direction arrow...it does for other editting/drawing commands.

I think I'm missing or have forgotten a key step.
#80429 by Joseph Baron
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:22 pm
Can you post the specific steps that you're using, and where it is going wrong? Maybe a screenshot of what you see?
#80448 by Ted B.
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:03 pm
It's very inconsistent. With "grid" set at 0-degrees the snap-point (~) sometimes appears at right-angles to the direction the mouse is dragged in Dir-Distance. I've tried;

Select point, drag mouse in direction (ortho on), <spacebar>, <enter distance >.
AND
Select point, drag mouse in direction (ortho on), <enter distance >.

I've even reduced the <snap angle> divisions from "8" to "4" I still get snap-points at right-angles to the direction dragged. I'm puzzled, maybe a setting or preference? If snap-points doesn't work with Dir-Distance I can live with that. It works when drawing a line. I only do a few site plans a year, and there are work-arounds. I"ve used Rel-Polar snap-points for years
#80451 by Ted B.
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:33 pm
Arrgh. Created a new drawing, and now it's only making snap-points at 45-degrees regardless of the direction I drag towards. Drawing a line it works fine.

I think I'll just work around this.....
#80454 by MtnArch
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:39 pm
Check your Snap Angle settings, and if you're in Tangents you'll need to set that snap angle separately.