Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80528 by Gary24752
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:19 pm
All of a sudden I was unable to draw a line. The drawing is that of a chair and has many pieces to the tune of 304K. Is this the reason why I can no longer draw lines? I tried creating a layer set but had the same problem. I tried doing a repair of the drawing and that did not work. Only when I saved each individual layer was I able to create a new drawing. What may have caused this?
Last edited by Gary24752 on Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#80529 by Roger D
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:30 pm
Could you do a file/purge and save as .aec, that way you could save the views and MSP layouts.
Or start a new empty drawing, and do a File/Import.

Sometimes just closing Datacad and maybe reboot will clean up the clutter in the cache.
#80530 by Gary24752
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:19 pm
Closing out and creating a new drawing with layer sets accomplished nothing. I purged all unused symbols to no avail. Pretty sure it was the drawing as I could open other drawings it the software worked fine. Only when I save each layer and then loaded them one by one was I able to get the drawing working again. Is there a drawing limitation that prevents you from doing anything once you have reach a size limit?