Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80721 by genesis928
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 pm
I have been drawing more residential homes that at 1/4" scale, are too large to fit on "D" (24" x 36") size paper when printed. Is there a way to change the drawing scale so that I can draw in 3/16" ?. My clients do not like the 30x42 or larger as their field set or for revisions.
#80722 by Joseph Baron
Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 pm
If your dimensions and text are set with LOCK SIZE you should be able to change the plot scale and have the dimensions and text show at the same plot size.
#80726 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:02 am
There are a number of ways to do this. The simplest is to change the size of the border, for the different scale.

The best way to plot at different scales, though in my opinion, is to use Multiscale Plot. This is slightly more involved at first, but once you get the hang of it, you can use it to do different scales on the same sheet, and you will wonder why you didn't use MSP all along.
#80727 by Ted B.
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:47 am
Even after decades, I still find MSP a mystery. For different scales on the same plotted sheet I've used enlarged or reduced scale XREFs. I learned fancy drafting in the era of mylar overlays, and use Datacad similarly. My drawing files have multiple titleblock-sheets laid out side by side, and I use views to coordinate which titleblock-sheet and layers consistute that drawing sheet when printed. I just don't use Datacad often enough to be a "power user" anymore.
**Hangs head in shame**

I've been using 11x17" paper almost exclusively for over twenty years. Getting Arch-D printed and reproduced in my area is near impossible...and frightfully expensive at Staples. Whereas 11x17" I can output on my inkjet right in my office. And most of my clients have 11x17" printers in their offices so I just email them .PDFs most of the time.

Even for commercial projects, local Bldg. Departments have accepted signed-and-sealed 11x17" paper originals for reviews and permitting.