Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#80929 by Gary24752
Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm
How do I get a jpeg to display? I have bitmaps turned on but all I see is the outline of the jpeg.
#80930 by Roger D
Thu May 19, 2022 8:44 am
Check your Dcadwin.ini file for these settings
[Bitmaps]
MinSize=0.001
MaxSize=100

; Specify the minimum and maximum size in megabytes of bitmaps to store in memory.
; Increase the minimum size and decrease the maximum size if the amount of RAM you have available is limited (i.e. 256MB or less) and if your drawings contain either a lot of and/or large bitmaps.

my settings are
[Bitmaps]
MaxSize=0.005
MinSize=0.001

See more all the settings at:
https://www.datacad.com/ddn/dcadwin.ini.html
#80943 by Ted B.
Fri May 20, 2022 9:07 pm
It might be worthwhile opening your file in a graphics program and reducing the resolution. Today's digital cameras default settings are way more than they need-be for paper outputs. My pocket Nikon's upper limits is 15 megapixels, yet even 3.5meg was way more than needed for inclusion in a paper document..or even an email attachment.
Most inkjet printers actually don't need more than 300dpi for plain paper outputs. Even 150dpi or 133dpi is sufficient for a plain paper document without undue degradation....especially for construction documents that will be reproduced for physical distribution.