Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#81418 by DOUGSACRA
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:19 am
I am having issues with typical Roman & Arial Fonts in DataCAD when I send a .DWG file to an AutoCAD user to edit them. Then when they come back the fonts have been enlarged and aspect changed. How do I send them the fonts DataCAD is using? I have sent them the .SHX files with the same name as the .DWG file which I thought had the text fonts in it. They say they need the following font files:
ROMAN.shx
ROMANS.shx
DIN-BLACK.shx
Where do I get these? Then if they download these to where their AutoCAD fonts are stored does it just find them and now treat my fonts correctly?
Thanks for whatever help you can provide.
#81419 by Roger D
Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:35 am
go to the page
https://www.datacad.com/download/index.html
and download the
DataCAD Fonts Converted for AutoCAD (DC4ACAD.ZIP 106KB, 03/99)
(Updated files correct problems translating the ARCDR2GP, Block, and Roman fonts.) DataCAD fonts converted for use in AutoCAD to ensure correct display of text in DataCAD drawing files when they are imported into AutoCAD (Randy Jack, CAD Technologies).

Doesn't have the Din-Black file though, but that should be exported in the File.shx that should be written with the File.dwg file.
#81420 by Mark Bell
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:09 pm
Also tick the box "Use CHR2SHX.DAT" to adjust text for Stroke Font Adjustment in the Tools/Preferences/DXF/DWG tab - down the lower right of the menu. This should ensure better export translation of the older fonts. Another way to avoid the font issues with exporting is to swap to using TTF.