Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 21 and DataCAD LT 21.
#82114 by Gary24752
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:03 pm
I am trying to create a new drawing. I have turned off the layers that I do not want and created a layer set with only layers turned on box. When I go to create a new drawing and bring in the layer set all the layers are showing up rather than just the ones that were turned on. I am not understanding what I am missing here or is it a clinch in the software.
#82115 by Roger D
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:22 pm
and you are sure when hit the "Create" that the only item selected is
F2 On Layers
and F4 Views, and F5 Details are not also selected before you select F0 Begin?
worked fine for me just now doing a test
#82116 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:44 pm
I think that after your create your "ideal" format with the layers you want, then you need to save it as the "default" drawing, so when you say "create new" it will draw from that default file that you saved instead of the DataCAD generic file.
#82123 by ORWoody
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:40 pm
I just ran a test and found that when I did On Only, LayerSets worked as you want, but under the condition that Views and Details were disabled. If they are Enabled, then each brings in its associated layers also. In the case of my base file, every layer is associated with at least one GoToView so my result was that every layer was brought into the new file.
Simply make sure that On Layers is selected and that Views and Details are both disabled.
Good luck,
Woody
#82124 by Roger D
Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:35 pm
A couple other methods of completing this:
1. File/Purge/ to AEC, pick the layers and or views/MSP you want to purge to a new file.
2. Open new blank file, File/Import/AEC, once again pick what you want.