Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80309 by Mittzy67
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:59 am
We have had a couple of instances with 2 users accessing and working on the same file without either of them receiving the warning that the file is in use, which has resulted in lost work. All are using Datacad 22. Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it?
#80311 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:37 am
When I have seen this before, it's usually when the first person has left the drawing open without interacting with the file for extended periods of time. An example that comes to mind is such as opening the file in the morning and then leaving to go out to a jobsite for several hours and then the second person gets in the file 3-4 hours later while the drawing has been left open. I am not sure what Datacad might be looking at besides just the existence of the .U$R file that determines if the file is in use or not as the .U$R file does exist in these cases as far as I have seen.

Another thing to check is see if the path to the files might be over 260 characters.
Last edited by joshhuggins on Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#80314 by Paul Nida
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm
I have seen this as well and I think the same as Josh. I have also had a problem when opening a file the popup window comes up saying the file was not properly closed "Okay". Sometimes it is because someone is still working in the file in what I assume is a related issue. It would be nice if there was an option to close the window without clicking "Okay" and opening the file. Maybe add a cancel button
#80341 by Mittzy67
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Thanks Josh. However, in both cases the 2 people have opened the file with a matter of 10 or 15 minutes of each other. There hasn't been any long time lapses. There is (1) person who has been the common denominator in both cases but i can't figure out what would be different on his machine compared to everyone else. We did just do the latest update (22.01.12.02) and haven't had the issue happen since doing so . . .