Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82095 by Elias
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:56 pm
Hi all,

I'm a new Datacad user and have finally gotten over the hump of wanting it to work like autocad and have gotten into the datacad way of doing things. One thing that still bothers me however is that when a layer is locked it doesn't fade or change how it's displayed in any way. Am I the only one who wishes there was a way to fade a locked layer so they can still be seen, but at least they won't look like every other line on screen? Curious if anyone developed a macro or something I could add on to achieve this

Thank you!
#82096 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:03 pm
On mine, a locked layer shows up in red italics on the layer manager and also in the toolbar at the top in the layers tab. I think there was a setting for that in the tools dialog box.
#82097 by Roger D
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:16 pm
also the color box has an "X" through it, and in the layer manager it has a strikeout line through the name.
I had not thought of having it turned a different color (like a highlight on a xref). But then again I don't lock layers that much.
#82099 by Elias
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:17 pm
DBrennfoerder wrote:On mine, a locked layer shows up in red italics on the layer manager and also in the toolbar at the top in the layers tab. I think there was a setting for that in the tools dialog box.

Yeah I have the same setting on - I suppose I just need to get used to referencing that icon more.

Thank you!
#82100 by Elias
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:19 pm
Roger D wrote:also the color box has an "X" through it, and in the layer manager it has a strikeout line through the name.
I had not thought of having it turned a different color (like a highlight on a xref). But then again I don't lock layers that much.

Coming from the Autocad world, there is no "layer search" feature so layers that are on or unfrozen can be selected and manipulated unless they're locked. I suppose if I toggle layer search frequently enough I won't need to lock layers either! Still getting the hang of the datacad way of doing things

Thank you!