Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82275 by Tim Mohr
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:28 am
not sure why I am just noticing this now but the line type scales in my xrefs are not showing properly - is there an ini "switch" that addresses this? For instance the dashed line spacing in the base drawing is set to 2" but it when I xref it into another file the spacing changes to 8" +/- . This is not as result of overriding line type/spacing in the property manager.
#82276 by Roger D
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:52 am
What is the spacing of the xref? Should be 1 for all to show properly.
#82277 by Tim Mohr
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:25 pm
Can't ever recall playing with that setting - and perhaps more to the point - not sure where I would do so? ini file?
#82278 by Roger D
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:03 pm
it might have happened when you were changing the line spacing of something else.
#82279 by joshhuggins
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:51 pm
You can check the current Linetype scale for an Xref by using Identify and clicking the xref. The Line Spacing factor should display in the Coords & Hints bar. For xrefs, the Line Spacing factor acts like a multiplier, so whatever the linetype spacing is for the original entity, it will be multiplied by the xrefs linetype spacing.

- So if you want your xref to have the same spacing as the original entity, set the Line Spacing to 1.
- Do you have an 2x enlarged plan xref but want the spacing to match the original entity spacing, set your Xref Line Spacing to 0.5.

To change your Xref's line spacing, you can use the standard F0 Change, S1 Spacing menu, or Ctrl+Right Click on your xref and select Xref Properties.
#82280 by Tim Mohr
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:10 pm
AHA...that did it...it was set to cntr line @ 8' ..when normally I'd have xref set to solid (& 1' spacing) thanks