Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82940 by suttonarch
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:14 pm
I got this error message after updating my dcad 22 program on my laptop. I've tried reinstalling several times and keep getting the same error. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? It's an older laptop that runs windows 8.1
#82942 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:08 am
You may have already tried this, but have you run a 'Repair' from the installation file?
#82943 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 pm
suttonarch wrote:I got this error message after updating my dcad 22 program on my laptop. I've tried reinstalling several times and keep getting the same error. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? It's an older laptop that runs windows 8.1

Unfortunately, this might be an incompatibility issue between DataCAD 22 and Windows 8.1. I spent some time this morning reviewing potential suspects but did not find any that wouldn't be supported by Windows 8.1. This is a generic error that can occur during program initialization. So, without seeing one of our own error messages, it's impossible to know the cause. You could try installing the DataCAD 22.02.18 Release Candidate ( https://datacad.s3.amazonaws.com/DC22Be ... 2Setup.exe ). Or, uninstall 22.02.17 and install 22.01.14.
#82944 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 pm
Not sure if this was part of Mark's testing but maybe try right clicking on your Datacad shortcut icon on your desktop and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and see if there is a Compatibility Troubleshooter to run. If there is, try running it and see if it can help out adjust some settings and try running the program in a suggested compatibility mode. If it still doesn't work, you can try to manually set the compatibility mode to a different Windows version and click Apply and try relaunching Datacad. Windows 7 or Windows 8 are probably your best bet if it did help.

If none of these help, then I would return to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' box and click Apply and OK to return things back to your original state. Report back if your situation changes to let us know if something works.
Attachments
2024-04-16_130759.png
2024-04-16_130759.png (32.45 KiB) Viewed 407 times
#82945 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:09 pm
Another thing you can try is running as administrator. You don't need to make this a permanent setting by checking the option in the Compatibility tab. Rather, Right-click on the DataCAD program Icon, then click Run as administrator.