Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79075 by tlarso
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:38 pm
I am having trouble with hatching areas with voids. I set the Hatch Type to Outermost but unlike the illustration in the users manual the Hatch pattern fills the entire area which the boundary was set for. I also tried to use polyline voids method. Although the primary area and voids appeared as dotted lines in the void menu when i exited the voids menu to go back to the hatch menu to execute the hatch command the dotted lines disappeared and the hatch pattern filled the primary boundary and the selected void areas. I would appreciate any help you can provide.
#79077 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:17 am
The way I do this is hatch the whole area, and then create new voids within it. To do the voids, you have to select the Master - which needs to be hatched already - and then you can create voids within it.

I think what I hear you saying is that you are trying to hatch an area with the voids all in one step?
#79086 by tlarso
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:25 pm
I'm still having problems with hatching with voids. I am trying to modify and redefine symbols changing the hatch patterns. I have been erasing the fill pattern (does not appear to be a Hatch pattern as it can not be erased as entity or group), then adding the desired hatch pattern. Next I go to the curves menu, polyline and create a polyline around the perimeter of the object I wish to hatch. Then I go back to the Hatching Boundary Voids menu and select Create New. I then draw a line around the area I wish to make a void. I the return to the Voids menu to Add Void and select the line I have just constructed to choose it as the entity to void. I get a message that the point selected was to far from an object . Therefore no void is created in the hatch pattern.

I have also tried to construct all the void polylines in the Curves Polyline menu with the same results. Also, I have tried to create the voids as described in the user manual on pages 253 and 254 with the same results.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if it is a problem with my program. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. :(
#79087 by joshhuggins
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:31 pm
Here are a few quick examples of working with hatching and voids that might help.