Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79165 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:35 am
v22.00.01.00

When I put the laptop to sleep and then reopen, I often get this message and my file closes without save (I always save before sleep, so haven't lot anything). DataCAD remains open, but with spinning cursor. A click on the X-box only brings up the same dialogue box. Must kill via task manager. Older versions never did this.
"Access violation at address 00BD45EA in modulu 'DECADWIN.EXE'. Read of address 00000008."
Attachments
dCad-Fail.png
dCad-Fail.png (5.19 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
#79172 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:37 pm
This is most likely due to the same issue with the Toolbars being reset. When the screen / display changes in someway with Datacad running, it triggers something in Datacad and it crashes. I would not leave Datacad open when something could cause the screen to refresh or reset until this issue has been addressed.
#79174 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:45 pm
That makes sense, Josh. It's a new issue. I've just closed the lid on DataCAD for sleep mode for many years in previous versions.