Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79166 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:56 am
v22.00.01.00
In this version, and in previous versions, imported images appear VERY DARK and print VERY DARK. I see several settable defaults in DCADWIN.ini under [ImageQuality]. Will one of those cause the image to be lighter so the embedded image matches the tone of the original image? If not, can a "ImageBrightness" adjustment be added to the ini file?
#79171 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:33 pm
Is it a PNG file by any chance? If so, they show up much darker in Datacad than they really are for some reason, at least on my systems. While I would prefer to use PNG for their lossless compression, I end up using JPG for files I have to use in Datacad because of this, unless it's a black and white image.
#79175 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:47 pm
Yes, typically a .png; I save to that format for the same reason: good image, small file. I'll try switching to .jpg's and see if that helps. Kind of a bummer to have to make a "light" version of every image that I insert.