Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79177 by DBrennfoerder
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm
v22.00.01.00

I've asked Dell before, and MicroSoft, but can't seem to find out why my F-keys don't operate under DataCAD like they used to before my upgrade to MS Windows v10. None of my F-keys are linked to DataCAD like they should be. I have to pick functions from the menu since the MS upgrade, which is a major slow-down.

Dell says it's not a BIOS deal, but I don't see in the .ini file how DataCAD takes over on F-keys.

Help?
#79178 by joshhuggins
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:51 pm
What model is your laptop? Have you tried holding the FN key and Esc for about 4 seconds to see if they switch they default functions back to F keys? Check to see if the Esc key has a lock icon on it.
#79180 by MtnArch
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:18 pm
I think Josh's post is it - I bought a new MSI laptop from Costco and had to go into the BIOS (I think .. it's been a while) to change the FN keys to act like normal instead of how it shipped (as a gaming computer).
#79181 by DBrennfoerder
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 am
Yup, It was in the BIOS set up. Dell gave me the option Fn Lock Options, and with Fn Lock "ON", I could specify "Lock Mode Disable/Standard" or "Lock Mode Enable/Secondary". I had the second checked; I changed to first checked and now IT WORKS! Thanks guys. Cobwebs get thick in a hurry these days. I hadn't been in a BIOS setup for many years.