Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79446 by davedubi
Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Mark,

I recently upgraded to DCAD 22 from DCAD, and am running Windows 10 Home.

When I choose the folder icon in the symbol browser, in order to change folders. DCAD locks up. It happens every time consistently.

Meaning nothing works at all, causing me to use the task manager to terminate the program.

I have edited the datacad.ini file to have the symbol browser point to a path, it opens and it works just fine. When I click on the folder, BOOM.

Is there any workaround or fix available?

David Dubinsky, RA
Davedubi@gmail.com
516)659-0808
#79447 by davedubi
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:02 pm
To add to the above, when I open the [u]CONFIGURE DataCAD for Windows Settings, and select Classic Symbols, Classic Templates and Symbols Base Path, similarly the program crashes.

All in all for me the Symbol Browser is unusable. HELP!

I have been using DataCad for the better part of 32 years and can't live without Templates. HELP!!!!!

David Dubinsky
#79448 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:02 pm
When DataCAD appears to lock up, press the [Esc] key. If control returns to DataCAD, then the folder browser is opening off screen.

Press and hold [Ctrl] + [Shift] while clicking the Folder menu item. This should restore the dialog to the center of the screen.
#79464 by Mark Bell
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:38 pm
I had something similar happen several years ago and it turned out to be a 'corrupted' symbol (excessive z/b-z/h values). Dave G guided me to flatten to zero all the symbols in the particular folder (they were all 2D). I don't recall what was done but a toggle was later added to the SB which allows manual, one by one, flatten to zero.
With the SB open, right mouse click over a SB window then pick Flatten to Zero.
Prior to doing this you could try using the File/Repair to check the file first?