Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79600 by cashabito
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 am
I upgraded from DataCAD 20 to 22 last week. I have 3 different systems that I move between - Office, Home Computer 1 and Home Computer 2.

Yesterday, I closed my drawing file, but forgot to exit and deactivate DCAD22 on Home Computer 1 (as I sometimes do when working from home with kids distance learning.)

I later moved to Home Computer 2 and logged on to the license portal to deactive the installation and activate it there. An error message popped up saying "The license file is either invalid or has become corrupted" and I can not activate and use DCAD 22.

I went back to Home Computer 1, closed the program, deactivated, reactivated, opened the program and everything worked fine. Then I closed the program and deactivated again.

My license portal currently shows that I have 1 installation left, yet I cannot activate it on either Office computer or Home Computer 2.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Thanks
#79601 by MtnArch
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:58 am
You're not alone, though mine happened when I upgraded to the most current beta version and then couldn't get into the program to deactivate it. I was able to deactivate it through the license web portal but something has screwed up DC22 for me and I can't access it all. I'm working with Mark M. off-line to try and track down what happened and how to fix ti.
#79652 by Clay Rogers
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:09 am
To reset the DataCAD license key, run the Registry Editor (RegEdit).
(Just type "regedit" in the Search field on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen, and the Registry Editor app should be listed)

After you run it, then open the following folder:

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
|
> Software
|
> DATACAD LLC
|
> DataCAD 22

Right-click on "License Key" and pick Delete.

After you have deleted the license key, you should be able to activate your DataCAD 22 license in the usual way.

You should avoid deactivating your DataCAD 22 license remotely for the time being. It is better if you deactivate it from the Help menu.