Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79789 by cadline
Mon May 31, 2021 8:45 am
I am asking for advice on how to use Scale to Pen. Have tried to search for it in the Ref manual without success

I am using Clip Cube to place part of the drawing in a bigger scale onto the printing sheet in Multi-Layer Plotting

The problem - I do not want to create a new layer for the annotation that must be legible only in the clip cube enlarged scale view and thought that this could be done using the Scale top option

i Appreciate any advice Regards, Eugene
#79790 by Roger D
Mon May 31, 2021 12:57 pm
Scale to Pen assigns a unique Pen Table to the details based on the scale they are set to plot to.
If you want a set of text to read at the same size (say 1/8" when printed) you might look at using "Lock Size" on the text. This way they will plot at the same physical height (1/8") when plotted at any scale. You enter the text at the correct height at the scale currently in use. Then when plotted at another scale, the program will adjust the size during plotting.

There is another option, after placing a detail, you can Ctrl-Right click on it and assign a unique pen table to just that detail
Pen Table.png
Pen Table.png (4.81 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
#79803 by cadline
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:40 am
Brilliant, I new there was an option but forgot

Thank you very much

Regards, Eugene