Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#79822 by gregg kett
Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:57 pm
Ive have moved drives and renamed drives in the process of freeing up space on computer, (not a good idea) some strange things happening with AEC modeller and materials etc.
how can i do a complete reinstall of Datacad 22 this may be easier that trying to fix some issues.

thanks for any help
rgs Gregg
#79824 by dhs
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:05 pm
G'day Gregg,

I assume that you have checked that the path names configured in DataCAD are all correct, but in case you haven't then look through the pathnames shown in DC's Program Preferences (in the Pathnames tab) as I would have expected that the problem lay there.

Rgds,
David H.
#79825 by Mark Bell
Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:49 pm
You could also log in to your DataCAD Portal (accessed via the Help pull down menu), download the full Installer then re-install from there. As David noted, when all the paths are broken through a change in drive(s) they need rebuilding. Any files with xrefs etc. or inserted images will also need their paths reconnected again. There may be a way to rename the new drive letter to the former one so everything reconnects again?
#79826 by gregg kett
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:54 pm
thanks guys for the reply, i have sorted it, when i tried to reinstall the options to repair or modify wouldnt work due to the drive letter change i didnt realise you had to uninstall the previous installation and then reinstall a complete new application.
thanks again