Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80097 by mijenix
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:58 pm
Hello, I usually work in DataCAD using 2 monitors, one with the program on it and the other monitor has my symbol browser and a few toolbars. I added a 3rd monitor this afternoon and I everything was going well until I went into a meeting and my monitors turned off after around 10 minutes. When I moved my mouse all 3 screens came back to life, but my DataCAD was moved from the middle main monitor to the monitor on the right and sometimes it moves to the monitor on the left. I moved it back to the middle monitor and DataCAD becomes unresponsive and has to by forced to shut down. When I restart DataCAD it will open on the middle monitor which is where I want it, but it has reverted back to using default toolbars and menus instead of my custom ones. I have tried making different monitors my main and switching them back, but nothing seems to be working. Also none of my other programs are having this problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
#80098 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm
This is due to the new DPI awareness functionality added recently. It has a few rough edges that the team at Datacad have been working on fixing up. The crash you experienced is one of the bigger issues. You should try not to make changes to your display setup while Datacad is running in the meantime, especially with a drawing open.

There is an upcoming update which will help alleviate some of these issues. Watch for the update email notice or use the Check for Update in Datacad's Help menu. I don't think they are posting update release posts on the forum anymore? :?