Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80393 by gregg kett
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:29 am
Hi all im having a frustrating time with snapping, the mouse snaps to what you think is an intersection or end point but it just misses , and snaps to a random point close by the first time, the second time i try it snaps correctly to the intersection. there is nothing else in the drawing , no entities for it to be confused by and sanp to by mistake and snap grid is off.

this has been happening for a while, and not just the latest version. i have tried five (5) different mouses , mice, all logitech .
i have a brand new computer just installed, with windows ten and reinstalled complete version of Datacad 22. snapping still doing it. my colleague down the road Nick Pyner has mentioned similar issues occasionally.

its a real problem when modelling as the lines are not square just couple of minutes of 90degrees, or 180 degrees. this means the walls are out of square and smart walls /door / windows wont install properly .

any ideas mostly noticeable with slabs , sometimes the mouse doesnt snap at all and you have to snap twice and hard for it to snap, i thought mouse problems but same with all five mice, unless its a logitech problem.

what mouse is recommended with Datacad. open to try anything now.

thanks Gregg
#80394 by MtnArch
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:13 am
Just a couple of random thoughts ..

Turn off "Nearest"

Check distance of the model/intersections from absolute 0,0,0.

Beyond that, I've got nothing else to suggest.

Good luck!
#80395 by joshhuggins
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:28 pm
Also check if Perpendicular snapping is turned on. Sometimes it can play tricks based on your last reference point.
#80396 by Paul Nida
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:24 pm
You can also make sure you have "virtual" snapping turned off. But I doubt any of these solutions will help. I have had this problem for years through multiple versions and nothing seems to help
#80397 by dhs
Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:06 pm
G'day Greg,

I assume that your MissDist is set to a sensible (not too small) number. Apart from some of the previous suggestions, the only way I can see how the symptoms you describe could 'logically' happen is if you have a very small MissDist (e.g. 1) in conjunction with Inference Snapping being enabled. At any rate, I would double check that Inference Snapping is not enabled.

Another suggestion would be to try using 'N' to snap to the points instead of the middle mouse button. I use that all the time on my laptop (where I don't have a middle button). It would at least take any question about the mouse out of the equation ...?

Rgds,
David