Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80459 by David Haynes AIA
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:23 pm
I just upgraded to Windows 11 and ran into one issue with the 'Divide' function. When trying to select the first point the right-click does not grab the reference point. The right button on the mouse does not select the reference point. The right button works in Windows and all other applications (that I've tried so far) but not DataCAD. Any ideas on what might be causing the issue?

More info: When I click the right button on the mouse it changes the left menu panel (not sure about the proper name). For example, I click Alt-G to bring up the 'Geometry' options, Click 'Divide' which opens the 'Divide' options, select 'Divisions', then Select '2' for number of divisions. I go to select my first point and when I right-click the 'Divide' menu reverts back to the previous selection - the 'Geometry' menu.

Thank you,
David Haynes
#80461 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:54 pm
Inference Snapping was added to DataCAD 17. This can be enabled by checking the Inference Snapping option in the Dynamic Snapping section of the Drawing tab in Program Preferences. When enabled, the left mouse button will 'snap,' not 'click.' To temporarily disable Inference Snapping, hold down the [Shift] key while left button clicking with the mouse.
#80462 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:04 pm
The following lesser known hotkeys can be used while drawing:

[Ctrl] + Left-click
Sets the reference point

[Shift] + Left-click (Inference Snapping Off)
Object Snaps

[Shift] + Left-click (Inference Snapping On)
Picks a point

[Ctrl] + [Shift] + Left-click
Object Snaps and sets the reference point