Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81048 by joshhuggins
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:54 am
Hubert van Hoof wrote:In 12 if I copied from One drawing and imported the copy into another drawing the item copied would leave some part behind when i shifted it to another place. If it was 2d it would be a line ore something in 3D it was an Item.
Can you clarify the steps you are doing here, maybe we can get you fixed up with the issue you are having. I don't know of any issues copying from one drawing to another so it might be something in how you are executing the steps.

When you say "if I copied from One drawing and imported the copy into another drawing" , what steps are you doing here? Are you copying entities to the clipboard in the first drawing and then pasting in the second drawing?
#81379 by Hubert van Hoof
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:33 am
I have now been using 22 for 2 months and the more I use it the worse my opinion becomes and especially the o2c junk. I am doing an important project and the glass will not take on opacity. I was ok for a little while but no more no matter which colour or grade I select . I did not have this trouble with 12 so the price of my upgrade cost was absolutely worthless. I cant go back to 12 because I lost the driver I had and none of datacads drivers work. As for as copying is concerned I follow the rules. Copy to the clipboard and insert in the new drawing. My work around so I do not loose any parts of what I copied is to turn it into a group once it is copied in the new drawing. I have problems with texts, locked layers, dissapearing groups after insertion, hot keys that are not what they used to be, my corrugated iron material in the material file worked twice and now no more even though it is still there. o2c is a total nightmare with closing down instead of going back to the drawing, locking up completely etc. etc. none of this was present in 12 so how come after 10 upgrades is more of a dog than before. Having used the product since 1986 to say I am disappointed would be an undertsatement.