Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80733 by Joe Krawiec
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:15 am
Hi,
I'm running V22.00.08.01 (SE). I can't successfully insert a .pdf and I don't know why. I go to the insert pull down, select pdf (dynamic or fixed doesn't matter), I get a rectangle on my curser and click to insert. Nothing appears. If I erase by area, a polyline is erased. In the settings display pulldown, bitmaps are shown as on. I often insert things as jpeg and that always works. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Joe Krawiec
#80734 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:12 pm
I have been having an issue where bitmaps stop working in Datacad and the only way to get them to work again is to shut Datacad completely down and restart it. Maybe try that?
#80736 by Joseph Baron
Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:43 pm
Are you able to have someone else with DataCAD insert the same PDF?

Have you considered updating from V22.00.08.01 to 22.01.14.02?

I quickly looked in the Beta forum for your version and did not see any related PDF issues that you described.
#80737 by Mark Bell
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:09 pm
Perhaps also try inserting the PDF at the lowest resolution setting to see if that allows it to display.
If you need the PDF content inserted asap to finish a deadline, also consider doing a screen shot and inserting it as a BMP image for the time being until you get the PDF issue resolved?