Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80802 by smash
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:42 pm
Ever since I got the last update I have several recent projects that I cannot open, I get an error file decompression error:106. I have tried creating a new drawing and importing the file but nothing shows up. Also the O2c viewer is showing all objects as white. This is how I see roof interference so it is very frustrating. Is there a fix for this?
#80804 by Joseph Baron
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:29 pm
Have you tried using File > Repair?
#80807 by smash
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:05 pm
Yes
#80808 by Joseph Baron
Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:11 pm
If File > Repair didn't work you could send the AEC file to DataCAD and have them take look.
#80809 by smash
Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:19 pm
Thanks
#80819 by smash
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:10 am
I sent the file that wouldn't open to help@datacad.com a week ago and still no reply. Thanks anyway for the suggestion, I guess I'll just have to start over again with my tight schedule it is very disappointing.
#80820 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 am
smash wrote:I sent the file that wouldn't open to help@datacad.com a week ago and still no reply. Thanks anyway for the suggestion, I guess I'll just have to start over again with my tight schedule it is very disappointing.

Hi Sandra,

Sorry we missed your message last week. The file you sent has an invalid file size which means it was not saved completely. You might have backups of this drawing in the form of DBK, ARF, or ARBs. You can use Windows' File Explorer to see if files with the same name and these extensions exist in the same folder. You can send us those files as well.

You may also have a RECOVER_ARCHIVE folder in your DataCAD program directory. Look for files with the same name and a DRF extension.

MFM
#80821 by Joseph Baron
Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:03 am
Sandra,

You might want to consider using Drawing Sessions, open Preferences, on the Misc tab you can enable Drawing Sessions, the number of saved sessions, and fixed path.