Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80825 by jtheat
Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:55 pm
In Hatch /SPBFill /settings / color palate, I select 'custom', go input rgb value, click OK, but the the "save As" does not light up - as on option. How do I save custom rgb colors?
Thanks, jt
#80826 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:08 pm
Selecting a custom color from that SBF location allows you to set a custom display color that may not exist in your color palette for fills. If you want to edit your current color palette, you can do it via the Status Panel's color button or using the Tools, Color Palette from the drop down menu at the top of the screen. Both of those will give you the Save As option after a color edit.
#80827 by jtheat
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:30 pm
I see I can edit the default color palatte that way, but how do I open the other palattes? There is a whole list of .rgb files, but where do you open them?
#80830 by jtheat
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:35 pm
Once a color fill is placed in the drawing, can you change the color of the fill... the change command deals with the "line color" but not the actual fill bitmap color. any thoughts? Thanks!
#80831 by joshhuggins
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:50 pm
Not via the Change command. You can get everything set in the Solid Fill settings like you are going to create a new fil, and then use one of the selection methods (Entity, Group, Area etc.) and then pick the existing fills (or another entity like a polyline or circle) you want to have the current set settings. It works similarly with existing hatch patterns.