Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80911 by MtnArch
Mon May 16, 2022 12:43 am
Wow .. had not even THOUGHT about Northgate until this came up! Good products, good times. Gone before they should have!
#80913 by ORWoody
Mon May 16, 2022 4:06 am
MtnArch:
What makes my Northgates nice is not just the great tactile feedback from the keys, but the layout of the board itself too. The F1-F0 keys are there on the left (like the normal menu in DataCAD) and the S1-S0 keys are on top where more modern keyboards have the F-keys. I've had several folks use my keyboard for a day and every single one has tried to locate one for themselves. It's amazingly efficient to be able to hit F-keys with the left little finger and the S-keys without the shift.
I haven't actually weighed both, but my Northgate Omni-key might weigh almost as much as my laptop. It was a heavyweight even back in the days when anvil companies made keyboards as a sideline.