Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80838 by David Porter
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:51 am
Either old age is creeping in and the memory is going or maybe this trick doesn't exist in DCAD so it's nothing I have forgotten since my first use of DCAD back in 1985. Is there a way to take a brick wall hatch pattern to alter the X scale only to show how the brick would look in a wall at 45-degrees to the viewer? I have tried removing the associative characteristics of a standard brick pattern to then do an X scale change on the remaining lines but that just explodes the pattern back to a polyline rectangle with no remaining hatch lines.
#80840 by joshhuggins
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:48 pm
Normally I would create a large chunk of the hatch, and save it to a symbol, insert the symbol, scale the symbol in the X direction at the factor you want and Y at 1.0. & then SClip the symbol to create the profile you need.
#80841 by Joseph Baron
Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:39 pm
David,

Is there a particular brick hatch pattern that you need at 45°?

I've modified the BRICK pattern to be skewed at 45° and I've attached BRICKAT45.dhp for you to try.

You will need to put this in the Hatch Patterns folder and RENAME the file extension from DCX to DHP because the DHP file was not allowed to be uploaded here.
Attachments
(166 Bytes) Downloaded 147 times
#80851 by Joseph Baron
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 am
I don't use much Brick hatching but what I see is that the Brick.dhp file must be an older file because the scale is set to 200, which for whatever reason gives a 50" 3 brick course grid.

So to get a 3 course 8" grid you would need to set the scale to 32 when using Brick or Brickat45.

The newer brick patterns such as BrickComm are set to a scale of 1 which by default gives a 3 brick course 8" grid.
#80858 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:32 am
If you were to start with a regular brick hatch, and Save As a new file for the foreshortened pattern, you would only need to edit the numbers that are the X distances - multiply them by 0.707 (half the square root of 2) and use the reduced numbers in place of the standard ones.

Usually, you can figure out which numbers need to change just by what they are - 8 inches or 4 inches - change these to 5.656 and 2.828 respectively, and you should get a foreshortened brick hatch pattern.
#80905 by ORWoody
Fri May 13, 2022 4:39 pm
Here are patterns for shadow line brick at a normal elevation, at 30 degrees, at 45 degrees, and at 60 degrees.
Hopefully one of these will be useful for those angled elevation runs.
After I sent these I realized that when I had created the original file, I had done it for a full three inch high brick coursing.
Attachments
(900 Bytes) Downloaded 186 times
Last edited by ORWoody on Sat May 14, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
#80906 by ORWoody
Sat May 14, 2022 9:59 am
If some of you prefer a pattern for regular three courses to 8" brick sometime then use these. They might be better for you than the 3"x9" brick in the other file. These are shadow line also. The names have an LA before the angle to differentiate between them and those others. They have only an L before the angle. Therefore, you can have both in the hatch folder without conflict.
Attachments
(910 Bytes) Downloaded 183 times