Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80883 by Joseph Baron
Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am
Look at the Preferences > Menus > AndCopy Toggles setting.

It shouldn't 'randomly' change. By default AndCopy should be off when Move is selected.

If that's not the case please give more detail on what's happening.
#80884 by krokislegend
Fri May 06, 2022 11:29 am
That's kinda what I want, but it's also funny because it's already defaulted on REMEMBER ON/OFF but it already switches on its own any time it wants regardless, I'm constantly turning it off again and again. Plus you have to chase every AND COPY turned on inside every sub menu for all the commands DATACAD thinks should be 2 instead of 1. Shouldn't it work that you should TURN ON any AND COPY if you want it as an option? The Datacad default is just pure redundancy, and assumes every user wants to do 2 commands. This is especially annoying to anyone that has come from any other CAD package ever created.
#80885 by krokislegend
Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 am
Joseph Baron wrote:Look at the Preferences > Menus > AndCopy Toggles setting.

It shouldn't 'randomly' change. By default AndCopy should be off when Move is selected.

If that's not the case please give more detail on what's happening.

Definitely random changes on and off at free will. I have never wanted to AND COPY literally ever while MOVING (again, there's a copy command) , and I am forever chasing it. I'll turn it off, will be fine for a few minutes, I go to MOVE something. IT COPIES. CTRL+Z. Turn off AND COPY. Fine for a few minutes, go to MOVE, IT COPIES. I'll turn it off. Ill work some more, go to ROTATE, THAT COPIES. It's a nightmare, I can't believe it's even a thing.
#80886 by Joseph Baron
Fri May 06, 2022 11:49 am
Right beside the Preferences AndCopy Toggles is Multi Toggles setting.

I have both of those 'checked'.

You might want to experiment with those settings and find what works for you.

I've never seen any of these settings randomly change.

What is the code for your CTRL+Z?
#80888 by Joseph Baron
Fri May 06, 2022 12:07 pm
krokislegend wrote:...Shouldn't it work that you should TURN ON any AND COPY if you want it as an option? The Datacad default is just pure redundancy, and assumes every user wants to do 2 commands. This is especially annoying to anyone that has come from any other CAD package ever created.

Using those two settings (edit: Ooops, Multi is not related :oops: so just the AndCopy setting) I pointed to you can set them to what works for you, so yes it should work like that. The default for AndCopy is Off unless you change it or it is set by the Remember AndCopy setting.

It looks like maybe you're new to DataCAD? There are many people on here that help each other so If you have other issues they can either be resolved by reading up in the DataCAD manual or posting on here.
Last edited by Joseph Baron on Fri May 06, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#80890 by krokislegend
Fri May 06, 2022 12:22 pm
Joseph Baron wrote:
krokislegend wrote:...Shouldn't it work that you should TURN ON any AND COPY if you want it as an option? The Datacad default is just pure redundancy, and assumes every user wants to do 2 commands. This is especially annoying to anyone that has come from any other CAD package ever created.

Using those two settings I pointed to you can set them to what works for you, so yes it should work like that. The default for AndCopy is Off unless you change it or it is set by the Remember AndCopy setting.

It looks like maybe you're new to DataCAD? There are many people on here that help each other so If you have other issues they can either be resolved by reading up in the DataCAD manual or posting on here.

Without a doubt every AND COPY is default on for me within every command. MOVE, ROTATE ect. ENLARGE - another command that defaults AND COPY ON. Why? Who in the history of CAD has every wanted to ENLARGE and COPY simultaneously, let alone every time by default? I would guarantee It's fewer people than those who don't.

I am newer to Datacad, I have been pulling my remaining hair out because of it for 6 months after 10+ years of structural and mechanical drawing using 3D Autocad/Autodesk. The forum I'm sure will help but the +1 week I had to wait to get my account "approved" by a mod before I could ask any questions was a buzz kill.
#80892 by Joseph Baron
Fri May 06, 2022 12:44 pm
Ok I see where I'm wrong with the Multi Toggles setting that is totally unrelated to the AndCopy, sorry about that. (I've stopped for lunch so I can FOCUS :shock: )

I would suggest that you uncheck AndCopy Toggles and the next time you use Move, Rotate, etc., make sure that And Copy is off and it will stay off.

Let me know if it does not stay off and I'll be happy to help you get it sorted out.
#80893 by Roger D
Fri May 06, 2022 1:20 pm
Might also look in the Dcadwin.ini file, there is a setting in there
AndCopyRemembersStatus=TRUE

; If FALSE, And Copy option will always be toggled off when an edit menu is opened.

Good reference to that file is at:
https://www.datacad.com/ddn/dcadwin.ini.html
shows all the current options.

Early on with DCAD there was much discussion about this, so in ver 3.5a
7. AndCopy added to Move, Rotate, Mirror, and Enlarge.
#80894 by Joseph Baron
Fri May 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Roger D wrote:Might also look in the Dcadwin.ini file, there is a setting in there
AndCopyRemembersStatus=TRUE...

That is the INI setting controlled by the Preferences > Menus > AndCopy Toggles setting mentioned above.
#80895 by Roger D
Fri May 06, 2022 2:32 pm
I was suggesting to check the .ini file since he was getting random reoccurances.

Also, if he is hitting a strange key combination that mimics Alt-0204, that would also cause ANDCOPY to turn on. Alt-0205 would turn them off.

Should make sure in the default file, that andcopy is turned off.

Other item to check the alias file if he uses the command alias any to see it 0204 is in a command.