Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#82190 by RBCA
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:58 pm
Just ran across this thread.
I've been thinking about this for a while.
When i think of how to move or move and copy, I had the idea that you set your preference to "and copy or not". then when you use the command, there could be a key you press and hold down (like control) and it temporarily changes the setting while you're holding it down.

example: use move command set to not copy.
use your quick key to engage command.
Select your distance, layer, etc.
Then if you want to move and copy, hold down the key and select the items.
Then let up the key and your back to just move.
#82198 by ORWoody
Tue May 02, 2023 1:07 am
You mentioned "every other program". I'm not sure that's quite accurate. One of the many things that I dislike about using ACAD (only when I must) is exactly this. One must select Copy Yes or Copy No every time for multiple commands in ACAD. At least in DataCAD, one can control this multiple keystroke thing.

Go into the DcadWin.ini file using a text editor such as WordPad so as to be able to save your edited file cleanly.

The first line will be [General]. The sixth line below that will be AndCopyRemembersStatus=TRUE. Replace the trailing TRUE with FALSE or just erase the TRUE and leave the space blank. Save and exit.

Open DataCAD and get the drop down menu Tools and select Program Preferences. Note that you don't have to open a file. Tools is available with the opening of DataCAD. When you open Program Preferences, there at the lower left, you'll see a remember status check box. Clear that box and Apply.

I would recommend exiting DataCAD and then reopening it just in case there is any "residual memory" of the status.

With this, you should never see the AndCopy active unless you manually select it.

Good luck,