Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#80968 by Clay Rogers
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:54 am
That's a new problem I've never seen before.

1) What version of DataCAD are you running?
2) Is this a new computer, or have you been running DataCAD on this machine for a while?
3) Based on your experience, has the Information Dialog displayed text correctly in the past in this version of DataCAD, on this computer? If so, when?
4) Have you recently made any changes to your configuration settings, either in Windows or DataCAD?
5) Did you recently install the upgrade to Windows 11 on your computer?
6) What language is your Windows configured for?

Please provide as much background information as you can. The more information you provide, the more I have to work with.
#80969 by Clay Rogers
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:43 pm
Go to the "Tools" pull-down menu, and pick "Program Preferences". Then pick the "Drawing" tab.
The first section title is "Drawing Area". What is the name of the font you have selected?
Change the font to "Courier New", which should be the default setting. Pick the "OK" button.
Then check the "Drawing Information" dialog box, and see if it appears different.
#80970 by Joseph Baron
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:53 pm
Clay Rogers wrote:Go to the "Tools" pull-down menu, and pick "Program Preferences"....FONT

I can confirm your findings to be correct. I changed the font to GreekC_IV25 and the result is similar to the original posters issue.
Attachments
Strange font.jpg
#80971 by Jarad.Wooding
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:41 pm
Go to the "Tools" pull-down menu, and pick "Program Preferences". Then pick the "Drawing" tab.
The first section title is "Drawing Area". What is the name of the font you have selected?
Change the font to "Courier New", which should be the default setting. Pick the "OK" button.
Then check the "Drawing Information" dialog box, and see if it appears different.

That fixed it!! Thanks so much.

Background Info:
- I got a new computer and it started happening after putting DataCad on it.
- DataCad version: 22.01.12.02 (PE)
- Windows 10
- I do have heaps of different fonts, maybe when they were installed into Windows it messed something up

Kind Regards
Jarad