Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81016 by KWHetke
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am
Despite the procedure described in the manual I no longer can find the Classic Templates from previous versions of DataCAD?
How can I import them?
#81017 by Roger D
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 am
If the classic template/symbols were not installed with the last version, you can probably either rerun the install file and select to install the templates and symbols, or you can do a windows/settings/app, pick DataCad and do a modify on it, which while allow you to install the templates & symbols.

But first check and look to see if under Datacad 22 folder if you have the template & symbols files loaded already.
#81018 by Neil Blanchard
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 am
The usual reason that Templates don't work, is the paths in the templates. And this is why we now have the Symbol Browser - to avoid the need to edit the paths in the templates.

The Symbol Browser is used to look directly at the folders where the symbols are.

The only thing that templates do that isn't done automatically in the Symbol Browser - is the order of the symbols shown. And this is often easier to do by adding prefixes to the symbol file names - i.e. 01-SymbolName and 02- ..., 03- ... etc. If you do this for the symbol folders where the order they appear is important, then that's all you need to do to start using the SB rather than Templates.