Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81031 by Twizzle
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:31 pm
I have had this problem in the past and forget how I fixed it, or it just went away.

Now it's back and I have not changed any settings.

I design air conditioning and draw it over the xref, being floor plans (architectural). The problem is that it prints the xrefs last and over the ductwork and over the top of text, ductwork, and arrows etc.

I have tried changing the print order in the pen table and a few other things but what is most puzzling is that it just happened out of the blue and there si nothing I can do to change it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
#81032 by Twizzle
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:41 pm
Also, when I draw I draw over the top of the xref and that's how it shows up, but when I refresh or pan away then back, it shows the xref over the top of what I have drawn.
#81033 by Roger D
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 am
Under Display, what is the Layer order set to?
For plotting, what is the active view layer set to?
Is the xref color setting to a higher pen number?
#81035 by Twizzle
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:57 pm
Roger D wrote:Under Display, what is the Layer order set to?
For plotting, what is the active view layer set to?
Is the xref color setting to a higher pen number?

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply.

Layer Order is set to "In Order"
No idea what you are referring to and I had a look at the plotting menu and can't find any reference to the active view layer.
xref pen 1 light grey

Cheers
#81036 by Twizzle
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:06 pm
OK, this is getting weird now.

Out of frustration, I have gone back to some recent jobs and it is now happening in some recently completed jobs, yet it wasn't happening at the time. For proof, I viewed the pdf files and my plans are shown over the top of the xref, yet when I view the old file in DataCAD it shows the xref over the top of my drawings, so whatever setting has changed is affecting all my old drawings.

In short, I just can't use it anymore till we get this resolved.

Some setting has changed randomly and it affecting all my work.

Need urgent help, please
#81037 by Mark Bell
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:26 am
Some other things to try:

1. Make sure the layer with the xref on it is above the layer(s) in the LM that you want to print over the xref and that the xref layer is not the active layer,
2. In Display / Layer Order / F2 Last - this means the active layer is displayed last, so if you do 1) above it will display the xref layer before the active layer allowing other linework over the top of it - same with fills and hatching.
3. If you've been using GTV's or MSP's try a simple Quick Layout instead whilst being on a non-xref layer and see if the print preview displays correctly,

4. Purge the drawing and see if that fixes anything,

5. Create a new blank drawing and copy and paste an xref and other layer and see if you can get it to display correctly,
#81058 by Twizzle
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:23 am
Mark Bell wrote:Some other things to try:

1. Make sure the layer with the xref on it is above the layer(s) in the LM that you want to print over the xref and that the xref layer is not the active layer,
2. In Display / Layer Order / F2 Last - this means the active layer is displayed last, so if you do 1) above it will display the xref layer before the active layer allowing other linework over the top of it - same with fills and hatching.
3. If you've been using GTV's or MSP's try a simple Quick Layout instead whilst being on a non-xref layer and see if the print preview displays correctly,

4. Purge the drawing and see if that fixes anything,

5. Create a new blank drawing and copy and paste an xref and other layer and see if you can get it to display correctly,

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help.

Tried the first 3 and no changes but purging the drawings fixed it all which is now more confusing but at least I got it to work. Hopefully, I don't have to go through this on every drawing.

Cheers