Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81468 by smash
Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:13 am
Why am I getting a message to use a password to open a drawing that I did not password protect? How do I get it open?
#81469 by Joseph Baron
Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 am
To set a drawing password it has to be entered twice. I don't think there is a way to circumvent one that has been set. Has anyone else worked on your drawing?

You can remove the password from a file after you open it. Just select Password from the Settings menu and press (Enter) twice. This enters a blank password.
#81470 by smash
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:00 am
I work by myself and I know I did not create a password. I did still have the drawing backup file so I used it to create a new drawing. I don't understand how it happened.

Thank you
#81471 by Joseph Baron
Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:07 am
I don't use drawing passwords and at first I thought maybe a few mis-keys or a stray keyboard macro could accidentally set it, but since it is a 2-step verification that would be hard to do.

Good thing you had an unprotected backup!