Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81539 by VDS
Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am
I run a very standard Logitech M705 mouse. The scroll wheel seems to be too sensitive in DATACAD. I've gone into the mouse settings on my computer and played around with the scroll count but that only helps with how many panes/windows the scroll wheel utilizes per motion. The sensitivity is still there.

Is there an add-on I can download to help correct this, or is there a secret DATACAD setting I have yet to find?
#81540 by Joseph Baron
Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 pm
There's a setting on the Drawing tab that allows you to use [CTRL]+scroll wheel to zoom if that helps. Can you eleborate on your issue?
#81566 by VDS
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:42 pm
I can't describe it other than the screen seems to constantly move after I release the middle wheel....

Anyone have any suggestions for a good bluetooth mouse they have used in DC and have liked?
#81567 by MtnArch
Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:06 pm
I've had good luck with the MX Master 3.
#81568 by Joseph Baron
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:38 pm
VDS wrote:I can't describe it other than the screen seems to constantly move after I release the middle wheel....

There are alternatives...

That button in front of the scroll wheel should be programmable to set as Middle Button. I have an older similar Anywhere MX mouse that I had used in years past with a laptop when traveling.

And just a reminder you can also use the [n] or [N] key for snapping and if you have inference on just your left button for snapping and with inference off SHIFT+ left button.

Doesn't that scroll wheel have two modes, free spin and 'ratcheted'? My old Anywhere MX does.
#81574 by VDS
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 pm
Yes Joseph- you are correct. There are two modes on the scroll wheel, "ratcheted and free-spin". The middle button on the M705 allows you to switch between these modes.

My mouse came in "free-spin" mode and I was unaware that I could change it to the more segmented "ratchet" mode.

I've switched to the ratchet mode and verything seems to be working now :) No more sensitive over-scrolling in DC anymore :D