Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81597 by David Porter
Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:05 pm
Is there a way to keep an o2c model on a separate monitor screen while the 3D model is being tweaked in DCAD on another screen? I only know of clicking on the o2c icon in the toolbar to get an o2c image up and it then won't let me make model edits in DCAD without closing out the o2c window.
#81598 by Joseph Baron
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:08 pm
David,

Using CTRL+SHIFT+R will let that window stay open while editing in DataCAD.
Attachments
DataCAD Object Viewer on menu.jpg
DataCAD Object Viewer on menu.jpg (12.82 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Last edited by Joseph Baron on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#81599 by Joseph Baron
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:55 pm
One other way that I have recently discovered is to download and install the O2C viewer then export the O2C from DataCAD (it's actually faster) then open that O2C file. This also lets you view the O2C while making changes with better resolution.

This is one reason I've been looking for an Export > O2C shortcut/extended code :lol:

If you're giving an O2C to a client I recommend viewing with the publically available O2C viewer because there are color differences depending on your DataCAD settings and the Viewer seems smoother in regards to resolution.
#81600 by Mark Bell
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:06 pm
David Porter wrote:Is there a way to keep an o2c model on a separate monitor screen while the 3D model is being tweaked in DCAD on another screen? I only know of clicking on the o2c icon in the toolbar to get an o2c image up and it then won't let me make model edits in DCAD without closing out the o2c window.

Hold the Ctrl key down whilst picking the O2C icon to launch the Quick_O2C Viewer. You can then move this window to the second monitor. As you continue to work on your design simply repeat the process to open another Q_O2C window and so on. DataCAD allows "unlimited" Q_O2C windows open at once. When you close DataCAD the Q_O2C windows automatically close. If you just close the drawing file, then the windows stay open. The Q_O2C is a simplified version of the main Object Viewer without the menus so it loads quicker.