Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81629 by joshhuggins
Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:47 pm
I am not sure if this will work or not, but If you want to open many DWG files in Datacad but do not want to convert the DWG's that are xrefed in those original DWGs, try holding CTRL while the files open. This will might skip the xrefed DWG files.
#81635 by joshhuggins
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:31 pm
The only other thing I would do then is if the xred files are in another folder, then I would change the name of that folder, something simple like adding an X to the name, then when the DWG's are imported the xrefs will not be found. Then when you are done importing your DWG's, you can change the folder name back by removing the X.

If the Xrefed DWGs are in the same folder, then I would move them to a temporary folder outside the top level folder of the main DWG you are working on while opening it it Datacad and again the xrefed DWGs will be ignored / orphaned.
#81639 by sam_bar
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:01 am
Thank you very much again for the help

Your proposal is known to me and did not add anything to me,

I tried using DATACAD not to change the XREFs and failed,
I was wondering if I was missing something,

But your answers helped me a lot to understand that actually the DATACAD software does not allow translating DWG files without changing the corresponding XREF files.
And this is actually a weakness of the software, which could be easily fixed.

Regards
SAM_BAR
#81747 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:14 pm
Done for the next build.

[DXF_DWG]
Ignore XREFs During Import=False

Set this key to True to automatically skip the conversion / import of XREFs.

Note: You can also skip importing XREFs by selecting Cancel on the corresponding DWG Import Entity Assignments dialog. For this to work, none of the converted files can already exist in the destination folder and the Import Method must be Interactive not Automatic.