Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81655 by Mark F. Madura
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:59 am
Dear Forum Members,

We've just gotten a report from a customer in Australia who updated to Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (v. 22621.675). Coincidently, the folder browser dialog only displays the Desktop folder when browsing for symbol folders.

Have any of you already updated to Windows 11 22H2? If so, can you confirm whether you're experiencing this issue?

Thank You,

MFM
#81656 by MtnArch
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:54 am
Just updated on my laptop and no issues here - the SB came up in the subdirectory that the current folder is (as expected), and could see all other drives as well (not just desktop).
#81660 by joshhuggins
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:10 pm
I have not been able to get it to load on my desktop system after multiple attempts over the last month after the different release batches. Tried fresh installs via boot ISO, Media Creation Tool Refresh, & Windows updates from 21H2. All fail right at the very end and then roll themselves back successful thankfully. I'll try to get my laptop updated this week and see what it looks like.
#81662 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:07 am
Tried it on my desktop box and now seeing the issue as well - only the Desktop and no way to re-path to where my files are. :( Not sure what the difference is between the desktop and laptop .. both are by MSI - laptop bought through Costco and desktop bought through Newegg.com. No issues (that I've found so far) in any other software.

Hope you can figure this out, Mark!
#81663 by Mark F. Madura
Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:08 am
In DCADWIN.ini, there is a [SymbolBrowser] section. What is the value for the SymbolFolder= key?

Exit DataCAD and edit this line to read

SymbolFolder=

Close and save the DCADWIN.ini file and restart DataCAD. The Browse folder dialog should default to the DataCAD 22\Symbols folder.
#81664 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:56 pm
Hi Mark -

Making that change did not fix it - it still shows up only as "Desktop".

I did notice that there is a misspelling at the top of the Browser dialog box it says "containg" instead of "containing".
#81666 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:45 pm
Yes on both machines.
#81668 by MtnArch
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:01 pm
It still goes to "Desktop" and no symbols show up at all.
#81733 by MtnArch
Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:08 am
Still the same here - both laptop and desktop are current on their Windoze 11 updated; laptop sees the folder directories as expected, desktop only goes to "desktop".

Just for grins-n-giggles, I opened up the "folder" on my desktop and right-clicked on the "desktop" folder. the path it shows goes to the "OneDrive" folder. I did the same for the laptop and it does NOT go to the "OneDrive" folder. I believe I've had some issues in the past with OneDrive, and when I got the new desktop I may have told it to NOT migrate any settings .. but I don't recall.

Hope this may shed some more light on things ...
#81735 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:22 pm
FWIW,

I found this comment on the Microsoft Community forum under the subject:
Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop

OneDrive seems to be the culprit. The workaround is to stop syncing your Desktop folder with OneDrive.

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link for "Desktop"
4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh Srinivasan
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (2003 to 2012)
Windows Shell/User.
#81736 by joshhuggins
Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:06 pm
Mark F. Madura wrote:FWIW,

I found this comment on the Microsoft Community forum under the subject:
Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop

OneDrive seems to be the culprit. The workaround is to stop syncing your Desktop folder with OneDrive.

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link for "Desktop"
4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh Srinivasan
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (2003 to 2012)
Windows Shell/User.

I should be able to test this shortly, just did a full system upgrade on my main system last night and fresh install of 22H2. I do sync my Desktop to OneDrive, so will see what happens when I DC loaded up this afternoon.