Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81763 by RHerbage
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:25 pm
DataCAD 22 keeps crashing on our workstations and does not save the work done. Once you reboot the datacad program and re-open the effected file,
none of work has been saved and the swp file is not updated. Any ideas of a fix.
#81764 by Neil Blanchard
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:47 pm
Hello Robert,

Hmmm, well its the crashing that isn't good - but the best/only way to get things saved is to use Control-S as often as you can.

Any thing(s) in particular being done before the crashes? Is it in some specific files, and not others? Or, is it happening when you are doing something?

What version of Windows are you using? If its Windows 11, there may be things that can be done - I don't use Win11; but there have been threads on this, I think?
#81766 by RHerbage
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:48 am
We have 4 stations running DataCAD 22 with a save timer set at 5 minutes. I reset the session locations to be on each
computers c: drive in the DataCAD22 directory. All stations are networked to a central drive that the project files
are located on. Each station will freeze and require a reboot with loss of work up to the point of reboot. We have been
running DataCAD since 1987 and never experienced this before.
#81767 by Dave
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:49 pm
What is the full path to where the auto save is going?

DaveR
#81969 by RHerbage
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:08 pm
Dave,
The autosave, set at 5 minutes, is going to the E:\ Drive where the drawings are located which is on my computer station. It crashes when trying to save on exit and you get the following Error message "DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 8 Error from: 809". Session backups are not being added to the folder for that drawing file but the swp file is located in the temporary folder. It frustrating to spend a couple of hours on a drawing only to have it crash without the autosaves being done on the times as set.
#81970 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:53 pm
My first instinct is this sounds like a hardware or drive / network resource permissions issue, but since we can't troubleshoot that too much from here, if you could open your dcadwin.ini file, copy the contents, come to the forum to reply and then click the 'Code display' </> icon which should inset a [code] [/code} and paste your dcadwin.ini file contents between these two code sections so we can take a look at your ini file and see if anything stands out.

Does the issue happen with a new blank AEC file?
#81971 by RHerbage
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:18 pm