Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81888 by VDS
Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:42 pm
I have a self-xref in my drawing. I've set the self-xref line type to dashed.

On a separate layer I will draw a solid line over portions of the dashed self-xref. Graphically, the dashed self-xref is still viewed in conjunction with the solid line.

I would like the self-xref dashed lines to be behind (or not viewable) when the solid lines I draw over it for clarity sake.

I recall a setting for a self-xref to be in front of, or behind, drawn layers. Can someone refresh my memory how to do this? I don't think it's a Z-plane setting...
#81889 by MtnArch
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm
I believe you need to have the self xref (or multiple self xrefs) on their own layer, and have that layer positioned at the top of the layer list. If I recall, the higher the layer, the earlier it gets printed - similar to how you should have your poche/shaded layers near the top so your solid linework plots over them. I may have it a little backwards or simplistic, but this is how I have things set up to plot correctly for me.
#81903 by Roger D
Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:54 pm
Might also depend on the pen color of the xref. If you want it printed first, have as the lowest color of Pen 1. or
Check layer Order under display. or
Make sure the solid line layer is the active layer of the GTV.
#81954 by VDS
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:01 pm
Thanks Jeffrey! Alan, you were initially correct, but Jeffrey got the final puzzle piece to make it all work! Thank you all!
#81961 by MtnArch
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:21 pm
Glad we could help!