Use this forum to ask questions about DataCAD 22 and DataCAD LT 22.
#81907 by ORWoody
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:35 pm
I have an alias command that for years, I've used to change the active layer to layer Elec, and to then change the current linetype, line color, and spacing to the appropriate settings. I recently noticed that it is not changing the active layer. I always thought that it did, but I am beginning to wonder if I've been presetting the layer and not thinking about it.

[elec]
comment=Electric line on 1/4" plan
alias=^:^F3^F3^Elec^$^;^S7^center^$^S5^4^$^S7^S1^S0^

The dead phase is from the colon to the semi-colon. I've also substituted the letter "L" for the colon and the initial F3. I make sure that I have a layer Elec in the drawing, but if I just use the first phase for the full string, I receive a Layer not found message.

If I manually follow those steps, it all works as it should.

Anybody have any idea of where this really simple series is messed up?

Thanks much,
#81908 by joshhuggins
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:07 pm
I had to change the following DCADWIN.INI line to FALSE in order to get the code below to work since I normally have mine set to TRUE, but then the code below worked.
Code: Select all[General]
No Command Line in Layer Menus=FALSE

Code: Select all=^:^F3^F3^Elec$^;^S7^brick$^S5^4$^S7^S1^S0^
#81909 by ORWoody
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:31 pm
Something that I really find curious is that I experimented with changing only the layer name and the corresponding string in the alias, and the alias worked as desired. When I would change it back to Elec, the alias would no longer work.
I tested it in multiple ways and that was the only revision that I needed.
Thanks, Josh, for confirming that the commands worked. Why "Elec" didn't work for me remains a mystery.

Edit:
Josh... I see that you placed the $ immediately behind the string. I used the caret. Is the $ supposed to be separated or does it work either way?